Artist Biography - Jacqueline A. Gaylard
Jacqueline A. Gaylard S.O.F.A, FWASI
“I am passionate about my painting and it is so gratifying when I can see that someone else has an emotional connection with my artwork.
The animal prints in the ANIMAL ART PRINT COLLECTION are faithful reproductions and are a result of several years' preparation...they have exceeded all my expectations. It has been very exciting to be involved with every aspect of the reproduction process and I have been impressed with the conscientious attention to detail given to each print. I am delighted with the excellent quality of these fine art prints and hope that you will enjoy this Collection as much as I have enjoyed creating it for you.”
Jacqueline A. Gaylard was born in England in 1972. For most of her childhood she lived in a village near Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire and this is where her passion for drawing and painting began.
Following her training as a Graphic Designer, she decided to try to convert her passion for painting into a full-time career. Having successfully exhibited her paintings it was not long before she fulfilled her ambition to become a professional Artist.
She lives with her family in Devon and delights in the abundance of wildlife and spectacular scenery that surrounds her studio.
Jacqueline paints a wide variety of subjects, but animals are undoubtedly one of her favourites, whether wild or domestic. She has always enjoyed painting cats and as a member of the Society of Feline Artists (S.O.F.A) she has the opportunity to explore the joys of portraying the complex feline form.
Collectors eagerly await her extremely accomplished original paintings, which are regularly exhibited in Central London and in prestigious galleries throughout Britain. Jacqueline is a fellow member of The Wildlife Art Society International (FWASI) and has exhibited in the National Exhibition Wildlife Art (NEWA). She has also successfully shown with the Society of Wildlife Artists and the Royal Society of Portrait Painters at the esteemed Mall Galleries, London.
When painting wildlife, from Britain or exotic species, she takes great care in the research, studying behaviour and distinctive character. She strives to portray the animal in a natural habitat - capturing a typical moment and location.
She is extremely interested in the conservation of wildlife and hopes, in some small way, that her wildlife paintings will help raise awareness of endangered species.
Jacqueline always tries to sketch from life whenever possible, to gather as much information about colour, form and composition. Photography also plays its part in the creative process, for animals never stay still for long! Acrylic paint has become her main medium, but occasionally she produces artwork in Gouache or Oil paint.
She appreciates the fast drying properties of the water based Acrylic paint. Her painting technique is to use Acrylic in layers of washes for the first stages of the painting, creating form and shading. She then accurately applies layers of paint with smaller brushstrokes to develop depth and the intricate detail that brings her paintings to life.
Jacqueline's realistic paintings have also been successfully reproduced as greeting cards and calendars by such companies as:
Hallmark Cards (U.K & N.America), The Medici Society, The Paperhouse Group and Rembrandt's Hat.
- Society Of Feline Artists Exhibition 2022 at J/M Gallery, 230 Portobello Road, London W11 1LJ from Thurs 29th Sept - Sat 8th October https://societyoffelineartists.org/
- Society of Feline Artists Online Winter Exhibition 29 Oct - 29 Nov '21
- York Fine Arts, York & Harrogate
- 'A Natural Collaboration' The Royal Opera Arcade Gallery, Pall Mall, London
- 'The Complete Cat' Exhibition, Rook Lane Gallery, Frome, Somerset
- Charlfred Fine Art Exhibition, St. John's Wood High Street, London
- Llewellyn Alexander Gallery, Waterloo, London
- Triton Galleries, Exeter & Torquay, Devon
- Bell Fine Art Gallery, Winchester, Hampshire
- Stockbridge Gallery, Stockbridge, Hampshire
- ART for art's sake, Twyford, Berkshire
- John Noott Galleries, Broadway, Worcestershire
- Reading Contemporary Art Fair, Reading, Berkshire
- Windsor Contemporary Art Fair, Windsor Racecourse, Windsor, Berkshire
- Clifton Gallery, Clifton, Bristol
- The Peter Hedley Gallery, Wareham, Dorset
- The Alexander Gallery, Whiteladies Road, Bristol
- The Mayfield Gallery, Bournemouth, Dorset